the dip


Just a warning.. This may be a long one! 

Two weeks ago, before a work meeting, I was instructed to read a small book called "the dip". A few pages in, I wondered if my company was asking me to quit my job, The more I read, the more I realized I thought I should get up and walk out right now and keep going. That's at least what the book said. We all go through a hard time in your job. I felt like it was dead end and I just work my normal shift, off on weekends. I started my second side job because I loved to help people and I loved the feeling I received when people found the home of their dreams.I had also hit that same dip in my second job. It doesn't get any easier, there comes a point in the job, where its all uphill but the reward is worth it. 

I've now felt this in both of my jobs, and personal life. Being a mom, trying to do everything and realizing, I can't do it all but to follow my heart and climb the hill. Try to be my best at what I love to do. 

During the meeting, in which I though after reading the book that I should've quit my job, I realized that wasn't the point at all. Our company is going through some very major changes and it just to let us know that it is worth it. At our meeting, mind you over 1000 employees it feels like..we tried and Open Space meeting structure at the end. Normally, I keep to myself, and do the meeting and go home, the mindless part. This time, after reading the book, was different. I stood up, got on stage and if you're familiar with open space meetings; I hosted my own mini meeting. Something I was passionate about, something I wanted to do with the company. For once, in 8 years, I felt my tiny little voice heard. I felt the difference. I didn't feel like a dead end job, I didn't feel stuck.Since then, I'm slowly making the steps to possibly make my change happen with the right people. I feel like it was all thanks to this book.

So I figured, if its the case for the one job, why not the other. It is, it's so very true. Real estate isn't the easiest career to just start and I wish someone would have told me. Working full time, I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to gaining new leads and cold calling prospects. I guess I sort of expected it to just happen. It didn't. I've had deals, and clients and given my very early schedule, I'm able to work with people in the evenings and weekends. I love both of my jobs and never thought I'd have to give one up. I don't think I have to, just prioritize.

I'd like to believe that after reading the book, I'm going to give my all for everything and just go with it. A little less stressed, and live a little more.I'd recommend this book for any life read and to continued success! 

Pardon any errors.. this was posted from my iPad.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment