Preparing for a Home Apprasial


You want to get top dollar for your home. Who doesn't? Let's face it, it comes down the appraisal. It can kill a deal, ruin the day, or make it! As a REALTOR, I feel that if you're selling your property, the agent should have given you an idea of what is going on in the market to help you price the home accordingly. In doing this, you should fly by the appraisal and on to new things! However, I also think personally there are some steps you can take as a home owner that may help with the appraisal process. 

1. Curb appeal. I can't say it enough, even as a listing agent to prepare this. It is the first thing someone see, client or appraiser when pulling up. It doesn't have to be perfect, but weeds pulled and trimmed up can help a little.

2. Declutter & Clean. It doesn't seem like much, but just picking up the space and putting away little things make the area more open and well kept. 

3. Fix any minor repairs. A broken window, faucet, door doesn't seem like much, but it all knocks down that price. Minor touch up paint jobs can make the home more appealing as well. You don't have to go full renovation, but small changes do help! 

4. Pets! Deodorize the house. Same like the nose blind smells, we get used to it and it doesn't bother us, but other people can smell it. It's not always bad, but if we can clean and get rid of it, always helpful. I've had clients mention the smell even in the most beautiful homes.

5. Finally, a list of upgrades. As the listing agent, I help my clients with this list if they do want it. Just to provide the appraiser with what has been upgraded on the property, the year and the total cost. It might seem like a small thing, but again those all add up. Anything to help make the process more smooth.

Again, these are just my own personal views. I'm not an appraiser and any specific questions, I'd direct towards them but I feel these little things help out in big ways when selling or refinancing your home. 

Feel free to contact me with any questions about Real Estate today! 
702-285-7307


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment