Working from home with Baby

As I work....


Yesterday, my beautiful baby turned 8 weeks old. Since she has been about 3 weeks old, I've tried to get a schedule and back in the swing of things working at home. Needless to say, some days I feel like I don't get a thing done.

Even while I sit here and type away, I have a tiny sleeping 8 week old on my arm. The last few days and nights have been rough to say the least. She has only been sleeping in 2 hour spurts, so during the day, I'm beyond exhausted to even think about work. Today is just one of those days. Up since 8 am, on 2 hours of sleep, this little one refused to let me get anything done.

I will admit, I thought it would be easier. After all, it's my second child. With my first, I worked from home as well until she was 3, and would love to do the same again. This time around though, it seems much harder. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older, or shes just needier in different ways. I haven't quite figured it out yet. What I will say, is that I'm pooped. She's pooped.. and we have to figure out a new schedule to get things done.

As I approach 9 weeks, my ultimate goal is to get a new routine, which I know she won't follow but I can certainly try. Knowing that she gets up around 4-6 am, instead of going back to sleep after she does, this will most likely be my prime marketing time online. I can do this anytime, in the dark and won't have to worry about waking anyone else up.

As a Realtor, calling is a big part of my job, but it doesn't work to well with a crying infant in the speaker. Hoping she gets on a routine, I can make the bulk of my calls on her first nap - if she naps! If not, which is sometimes the case, hopefully call between upset fits and simply email and text my follow ups.

Getting most of this done early in the day, leaves me time to enjoy her little smiles, milestones and snuggles. We all know that as a Realtor though, not everything can be scheduled, and my phone rings at odd hours, even waking her. So in the meantime until she gets older, we just take our schedule day by day and hope for the best!

While working from home is a great thing with an infant. I can't say at this very moment, that I'm as productive. I do have to give a little time I think, she did just turn 8 weeks, and maybe, just maybe she will get a routine right along with me.

Soon enough, she will be off to school and like our  other daughter and more independent. I will wonder where the time went and how it went by so fast!


Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment