First Trip to Disneyland


Last week we decided to take our 4 year old daughter to Disneyland for the first time ever! I figured at this age, she was old enough to maybe remember and love it and be excited about it at the same time! I've never been a huge Disney fan myself, of course I loved the movies, but only went to Disneyland once, and it was 11 years prior and never really cared to go back. 

However, Shaolin, loved princesses and the pure excitement when she saw Mickey online, I knew she would love every bit of it. I decided I would let her in on the surprise since we did have to drive, and its about 5 hours. She was ecstatic. 

As you can see above, she is dressed as Miss Cinderella herself. I have heard of many people doing the bibbity boppity boutique and I actually called in advanced, but booked. It must be popular! In lieu, before we left town, we took Shaolin to the Disney store, because she of course wanted to wear a dress! 

I got her all dolled up before we left the hotel and she was just as pleased. I  could go on forever about how great her first trip was and post hundreds of pictures. However, it could drag on, and while I know every mom is excited, I think, you just have to experience it. The first day, as Cinderella, wasn't much rides. We went mid-week, and off season, hoping for less lines and they were, but it may have been very overwhelming walking in. After getting our autograph book, her eyes lit up at the sight of Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Dale all in the same area! After only waiting a bit, she was able to get a few pictures, signatures and off to rides. All in all, even waiting 20-30 minutes a ride, she did fairly well. I think the excitement kept her going. 

An hour wait though, for the group of three princesses. However, Cinderella herself was in there, just waiting. We all waited patiently for the line to keep going and going and going. The wait was well worth the pure excitement the minute we walked into the Royal Hall and she saw Princess Aurora first. It only got better when she saw Cinderella.


How could you not love this. She was in princess heaven and smiled from ear to ear. End of day one went well, left without a fight and I think out of pure exhaustion, didn't mind leaving. 

The second day was much more rides as we got the important stuff to her out of the way. Lines, WAY shorter than the day before. Note to self; Wednesdays are little line days at Disneyland. 

We were able to do Autopia.. the racecars. Shaolin, likes fast cars, and racing and rides, so I thought, well, she tall enough to drive, lets race! If you've been to Disneyland, you know that Autopia, if you're in front, you're always going to be in front of the car behind you. It's rigged. Shaolin was determined to beat mommy, and my boyfriend captured a clip of the event.


The rides went well and at the end of the day, my favorite picture is below. Last ride, which she had to do twice, but still so very excited.


For more exciting pictures, check out my facebook.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment