A trip to Downtown Las Vegas

So here it is, my start of my blog re-vamp. While I realize that some real estate stats can be dull, I figured, I'd make the blog much more than just that. Growing up in Vegas, you see a ton of crazy things come and go, and it's a place I'm happy to call home.

Because of all these crazy things, I figured every few days, I'd highlight some of the amazing and maybe not so amazing things in Vegas. This may or may not convince you to come to Vegas, or if you're already here, to go out and experience some of these things and possible join me!

Just to give you some background, I don't go out normally. I don't travel much and this is all new to me too. Just because I grew up here, doesn't mean I've experienced it all...yet! I'll learn as I go along and may or may not enjoy some of the things.

Yesterday, I embarked on this adventure first with my daughter. We went to the container park in Downtown Las Vegas. Mind you, I'm still not set on the whole downtown thing and I work down there. However, I was quite impressed with this place. For today's sake, it will be short and sweet and general, since I spent most of my time chasing a 4 year old!

Upon pulling up to the area, finding parking was actually a lot easier than I had dreaded the whole drive there. Well, there was plenty of parking and close even. Paying for parking is not my favorite, but its much better than hiking two miles with an excited 4 year old in the sun and then carrying them back. At only $1.00 an hour, I feel it was well worth it.

Entering the park was even more exciting! Everything is reused down here, a concept that I hope our younger generation will really love. My daughter loved the giant mantis out front especially since they are learning about insects at school.


In front of the park, I was greeted by a  few of the new Downtown Rangers, the security, and someone who appeared to be an owner of one of the businesses here. The park itself was VERY clean and friendly. Of course, my daughter wants to run right to the giant tree house. The kids area, located in the middle, is gated off with yet another Ranger at the door, who lets us in. She goes straight for the ramp up! Can you blame her? I follow her along, only to be greeted by another Ranger at the top of the jungle gym. It's actually a very nice surprise to see another one up there. A lot of kids run and parents at the bottom can't see if anyone falls. I felt much more at ease with him there. after about 100 slide trips and giant building blocks later, she was spend and obviously we had to check out the candy store! 

Everything about the Container Park was pleasant and I will certainly be back. I plan on doing more within the shops, but this day was just about Shaolin (my daughter). She very much enjoyed and asked when we would be back, and I must say, it will certainly be soon! 



If you know a business that would like to be visited by myself and possibly my tiny assistant, please let me know! I'm looking to get out and explore more of Vegas that I don't know yet! 

Contact
Stephanie Hicks
702-285-7307



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment