37 Weeks Pregnant... and working away!

37 Weeks!
I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Today, I officially change over to 37 weeks pregnant. It's been a crazy busy few months, and while I'm thankful, it's nice to wind down a bit an catch up on small work stuff. While this being my second pregnancy, it's much different from my first, which is what I've heard. 

To start, I've overall had much more energy and continued to work most days possible. It may be the different job, and being a Realtor allows me to schedule my days a little more around my sleep; which I'm sure helps! With more energy and a much better appetite, I've actually become one of those happy pregnant people. 

Since I'm still working, appointments and some office visits, often times I'm getting asked if I will work through/after our new baby arrives. As of right now, my answer has been Yes, why not! Right now, my business allows me to work at home if needed, which is amazing for those days I just don't really want to get up. Let's be honest, 37 weeks in, it happens! I can't say for sure how long I'll work up until, but I'm going to try my best! I know some moms work right up until labor, and others take time off. With my first, I took about 2 weeks off before she made her big debut, which let me catch up on rest and prepare, since I was a nervous wreck with first child! Sometimes, I get an odd reaction about working with a newborn and on the way, but each their own I say. 

So here I sit with the second on her way, working, following up with emails and setting appointments. I honestly hope to continue to work shortly after she also makes her big debut, but don't worry, I will still take the down time and enjoy her! Working at home with her though might make it actually harder since I can't imagine trying to peel myself away from her to get work done. I remember with my first daughter, I'd just watch her sleep, which I'm sure many parents can relate. 

I know there's a big back and forth at working moms vs stay at home moms and I'm neither here nor there. I have many mom friends that are stay at home moms, and I don't know how they do it! Kudos to them, and I've heard them say the same for myself and working with kids. I'll be the first to admit that I love to multi task, and might go stir crazy if I didn't go back to work. Luckily, I feel that I have the best of both worlds. Being able to work at home I feel, allows me to enjoy the best of all worlds.. and right now, I wouldn't change that for anything.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment